Friday, February 5, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

I said I wouldn’t post anything until next week unless something came up...well something came up. I went last week to get some blood work for Dr. Castro (Fort Worth – Endocrinologist) and everything was normal except…..my body is producing too much cortisol which is an indication of Cushings. I looked it up and I decided that I do not want that.

Unfortunately I do have some of the symptoms, but I am sure if I get creative enough I can explain those away. However, in the mean time he is sending me paperwork for additional testing that I start on Monday. He wants to measure my cortisol and the tests I’ll be doing will verify cushings or verify that he is just being overly cautious. I vote for the latter. I thought a brain tumor was bad, but now I’m going to have a really fat upper body and a hump.

Of course, it is quite rare….what else would I have…the rarer it is, the more of it I'll have. So bring it on. I am ready to face whatever test this may be to my sanity. So far so good. If I am going to have an additional malady, just give me something I can take a pill for and it will go away. Keep the rare stuff …just give me….hmmmmm……..let me think….OK, I know..just give me a rash and keep the cushings.

I guess that's all the news, oh no ....&@%$&@%$#.....

Damn….now my arm itches!

My name is Donna and I have a stupid Brain Tumor, Cushings, and a rash.

Be careful what you wish for.

4 comments:

  1. Donna:
    Cushings is a sign of a pituitary tumor. When the tumor is removed, the symptoms usually go away. So look on the bright side. I say if you know too much it can really scare you.
    Love you,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, Donna's right. At least the doc is considering it. That's a good sign! Keep pushing and keep up your research! I'm local if you need to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, if you have Cushing's you want to educate yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.cushings-help.com/intro.htm
    Have you found this site and it's message boards? Lots of info on Cushing's.
    Now that they know it's Cushing's I hope the sugeon will do things differently and remove the tumor instead of trying to drain it (if that's even possible). Yes, it usually is done through the nose.

    ReplyDelete