Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hi Everyone.

Here it is the day after my "Stupid Brain Tumor Surgery" and I am already on my computer. Imagine that. I have the video of the complete surgery and it is really, rather amazing. You can see my brain and just like I had thought, it is quite an impressive brain. I was agog with the video. bit it grossed Ed out. I hope I can download it on this site in case you are interested in seeing brain surgery, but let me warn you, it is quite graphic.

Last night was a reallllllly bad night. I was throwing up quite a bit and it felt like my head was being torn from my neck. Once the upchucking passed, it has'nt been so bad. They are keeping me pretty drugged, which is a very good thing.....and I should be home by the weekend.

Anyway, I am at Zales Lipshey University Hospital (part of UT Southwest Complex), 5151 Harry Hines Blvd in Dallas, Room 520. I know some of you wanted to come by and say hey....so there is the address.

The cut on my head is very impressive. (about 10 inches long) It is not bandaged so you see it in all it's glory. Again...it grosses Ed out. By Friday I should have 2 black eyes and my head should be at maximum swelling. I am assuming I will be quite attractive. So far, everyone I have come into contact with here at the hospital is wonderful. They are very kind and good care givers.

My sister-in-law, Patty Lasko, stayed all night with me in ICU last night and I can only imagine, how horrible it was for her. During the upchucking sessions, I was crying because of the pain to my head and I actually think she was crying in sympathy. She was such a life saver, I don't think I could of made it thru last night without her. Thanks Patty.

I am already walking around and I am really amazed at this whole process. I am fine and I have no side effects that I know of. That is other than I tilt to the left when I walk, I don't really know who I am and I am blind as a bat.....psych....I am perfect...but you already knew that!

That is about all I have to report. I am going to try to download the video....and I will blog again within the next couple of days.

My name is Donna and I no longer have a "Stupid Brain Tumor"

No comments:

Post a Comment