Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HEAR ME ROAR!

Well....I am on the mend from the you know what surgery and all is well in Donna Land. I still don't have my stamina back...but am working on it.

I went to see my kidney guy...(Dr. Toto in Dallas) and he thinks it's time to start the transplant (kidney) procedures. Which means probably 6mos out. I am just guessing, but I have to start the paperwork and then be evaluated. I have to take quite a few tests before all is said and done. I guess they want to make sure I am healthy enough to go thru the procedure.

I have always said...I am very healthy...just have a few bumps in my road...but other than that...
I AM WOMAN! When I do get a new kidney people tell me that I will feel 100% better. I guess I don't know that I don't feel good now. Yes I get tired and everything on me swells, but who doesn't have a bad day now and then.

I was following Rob and April's blog. Rob and I are members of the same writers group. His wife, April was also in kidney failure and Rob donated his kidney to his wife. I remember reading on his blog that he was in quite a bit of pain and I hate the fact that I may have to put one of my loved ones thru that. My sister and my husband have volunteered their kidneys and they are possibilities. My beautiful daughter, Kelli, also volunteered her kidney, but she is too young and I don't want to take anything away from her that she may need in her future.

It didn't end well for Rob and April. She passed away shortly after the transplant, however they don't think it was the procedure or the kidney that was the problem. Rob thinks it may have been her diabetes.

I don't know what I would do if I were to lose my husband. I think Rob is amazing. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing April, but from what I have heard she must of been someone special. Rob, if you are reading this, I know we don't know each other except in passing, but I hope I can have your strength if heartbreak comes to my home.

I know I am kind of rambling, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the transplant is in process now and hopefully we can get this show on the road. Once again....
HEAR ME ROAR.....BRING IT ON.

My name is Donna and as soon as they give me all new parts...I will be brand new!

3 comments:

  1. glad to see you posting. Hang in there kiddo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, it is good to get this posting and follow your progress. I can't believe you have another surgery to consider so soon. While no one wants to go through it, it's really a miracle that brain surgery and kidney transplants can happen successfully for most. I'm sorry that wasn't the case for Rob and April. You are tough. I can't imagine anything getting you down for long. TaWandAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, Thanks for your kind comments about me. Don't feel bad about the pain; it is brief, easily controlled with medication, and nothing compared to the pain of seeing a loved one suffer from kidney failure. It was an incredible joy to me to see April feeling so well and so happy after the transplant. Those were the best 20 days she had in a long time and I would do it all over again.
    For those who want to see my transplant blog it's at AprilAndRobsTransplant.blogspot.com, and my tribute to her is at AprilGillespie.blogspot.com.
    Keep us posted on the transplant; I will be excited to hear about it! Best wishes, Rob

    ReplyDelete