Monday, March 8, 2010

Hey Ken.......Thanks

This is a post for a friend of ours whose name is Ken. You never really know who your friends are until it comes down to just giving of yourself and that is exactly what Ken did the day of my surgery. He is actually a friend of my husbands, but I have always enjoyed the times our families got together and socialized. We have taken a few trips together and gone to a few parties.

The day of my surgery, Ken showed up at the hospital and kept Ed's mind on other things so he would'nt just sit there and worry about what was happening to me. I had loads of family members there also, but they were there for me (I hope) and they helped keep each other occupied as well. But Ken, he didn't have to interupt his day and come to the hospital. He could have sent well wishes, but instead, he took the time to think of Ed and changed his schedule to take care of a friend.

Thank you Ken, you may have thought it was a nice thing to do, but to me, you have now been moved to a very special catagory in my life. You are a person who cares about your friends and you are there to back that claim up. I know Ed could of prevailed without you there. As I said we had loved ones and other friends who sweated it out with us, but they were there for me. Thank you for thinking of Ed. I will never forget your kindness.

My name is Donna and everyday that the old ticker ticks, I realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by the best people in the world. Friends, family and all the good wishes I know were out there for me from people I do not know during this whole tumor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment